Riverside is one of the areas in California with perfect weather for motorcyclists, but it is also one of the most dangerous. This city in Southern California is one of the major transportation hubs, having access to two of the major freeways and an interstate (215).Careful drivers are involved in accidents in this county and its cities, and the motorcyclist is 37 times more likely to be seriously injured than the driver of an auto driver.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a Riverside motorcycle accident, you need the assistance of a capable lawyer. The skilled motorcycle accident attorney is able to help in recovering the compensation the rider deserves for medical costs, loss of wages, and pain and suffering caused by the accident. The Ehline Law Firm, PC has a successful record of recovering the maximum awards in motorcycle accident cases for the debilitating injuries riders suffer. Our lawyers have experience in handling motorcycle cases and riding motorcycles in Riverside.
When you have been involved in a motorcycle accident there are some steps you can take to help your case:
- Get immediate medical attention.
- Do not admit fault.
- Call your insurance company, but do not provide a recorded statement without the advice of an attorney.
- Do not speak with the other party’s insurance company. Leave this up to your lawyer; their insurance company is not looking out for your best interests.
- Hire a qualified personal injury lawyer. This should be an attorney that specializes in motorcycle accidents and knows the unique circumstances of this type of roadway accident.
- Provide your attorney with any information or evidence you may have from the accident site. This may include names, phone numbers and addresses of witnesses, pictures of the damage to the motorcycle and other vehicles involved, pictures of your injuries and any other information.
Time is of the essence in motorcycle accident cases to hire a qualified lawyer. Any delay in retaining a legal professional can mean that evidence is destroyed, witness’s memories may fade and the amount of time to file the claim can run out. Ehline Law Firm, PC has a record of 98.8 percent of successful outcomes in personal injury cases and the years of experience necessary to handle complex litigation cases. Our lawyers have represented many motorcycle accident victims and brought their cases to a successful conclusion in their best interest.
Motorcycle Accident Claims
There are many motorcycle accident claims that are able to be settled through skilled negotiation with the insurance company or arbitration. When a motorcycle crash lawsuit is not settled the motorcycle accident attorney will determine what parties can be held liable and proceed with the case in court. In the event that multiple parties can be held liable, this may increase the amount of compensation that is awarded to the victim.
Parties that may be held liable in a lawsuit can include:
- The owners of the other vehicles involved.
- The drivers of the cars and trucks that were involved.
- Motorcycle Manufacturers, when there is a poor or defective design.
- Motorcycle mechanics, when there were improper repairs or when defective parts were used, which contributed to the crash.
- Government entities, if the roadway, road signs or signals were improperly maintained.
If the other party is uninsured, you may be able to pursue a claim through your own insurance company. In this case do not expect the insurer to be on your side, they watch out for their interests, which is to deny or minimize payments to the claimant. It is possible your attorney will advise you to file a claim against the insurer, when the company refuses to pay the compensation you deserve.
The motorcyclists can be awarded financial compensation when they have sustained injuries in a traffic collision.
The compensation is a way to cover the losses that the rider suffered as a result of the accident and will usually include:
- Medical expenses Rehabilitation costs.
- Assisted living services.
- Loss of wages.
- Reduced or permanent loss of income.
- Pain and suffering.
When a motorcyclist is fatally injured the family of the victim may be able to file a wrongful death lawsuit. This is a lawsuit that is to recover compensation for the loss of the victim’s financial support, loss of companionship and loss of love. The estate of the victim may also be able to file a lawsuit to recover compensation on behalf of the heirs of the victim.
The Riverside motorcycle accident lawyers at Ehline Law Firm, PC offer a free consultation to discuss your motorcycle accident and evaluate your case to provide you with your legal options. We can be contacted at 888-400-9721 or by using our contact form on the website.