Involved in a Auto Crash?
During 2009 there were twenty-nine people killed in traffic accidents and hundreds of other people injured in Riverside. This number has increased and even the careful driver is not able to avoid accidents on Riverside’s congested highways.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a traffic mishap, you should consult a established Riverside car accident attorney as soon as possible. The capable car accident lawyer will assist in obtaining compensation for your injuries, including your medical expenses for treatment and hospital costs, along with loss of wages. The Ehline Law Firm, PC has an outstanding record of representing car accident victims that have sustained serious and life threatening injuries.
- Get immediate medical assistance.
- Do not admit fault.
- Report the accident to your insurance company. Report the accident to your insurer, but do not give recorded statements without the advice of an experienced lawyer.
- Do not speak with the other party’s insurance company. Have the legal professional you have retained do this.
- Hire a competent Riverside car accident attorney as soon as possible.
- Provide your attorney any information you have from the accident scene as it can help your case.
As soon as you are able you should hire an attorney who specializes in car accidents. Delaying retaining a legal professional can mean critical evidence is lost or destroyed, witnesses cannot be found or they are not able to remember all the events, and it can mean missing the deadline to file the claim to pursue a lawsuit. Ehline Law Firm, PC lawyers have the experience necessary to handle even the most complex personal injury case. Our record of obtaining outstanding results for our clients is exemplary.
There are many car accident cases that never go to court. They are able to be settled outside of court through skilled negotiation or arbitration. In the event that your case does require going to court, because a fair settlement could not be reached, your Riverside car accident attorney will determine who all of the negligent parties are and hold them responsible. Cases that have more than one party liable may increase the amount of compensation recovered.
Parties that may be named in a car accident lawsuit include:
- The vehicle owners involved in the accident.
- Drivers of the other vehicles, if different from the owner.
- Employers, when an employee was driving as a part of their job at the time the accident occurred.
- Automobile manufacturers, if the vehicle had known defects or a poor. design.
- Mechanics that did inadequate repairs or used defective parts.
- Government entities that are charged with proper care and maintenance of roadways in the location the accident occurred.
In the event the other party involved in the accident is uninsured or underinsured it may be necessary to file a claim with your own insurance company. If you must do this, do not assume your insurance company is on your side and looking out for your best interests. In some cases it may not be able to agree on fair compensation and your lawyer may advise you to take your insurance carrier to court.
When a person is injured California laws ensure they are able to recover financial compensation for their injuries, when someone else was at fault. This is referred to as recovering damages, which are to be a way of recovering from the losses caused by the accident.
The losses that compensation may be awarded include:
- The cost of medical expenses
- Lost income
- Permanent or reduced future income
- Pain and suffering
If you or a loved one have been injured, or you have lost a loved one in a fatal accident, you have legal rights to hold the responsible party accountable. Losing a loved one in a traffic accident, due to the actions of another party, the family has the right to file a wrongful death lawsuit to recover damages for the loss of financial support, loss of companionship and love.
The victim’s estate may also have the right to file a lawsuit on behalf of the deceased party’s heirs. The Riverside car accident lawyers at Ehline Law Firm, PC can be contacted at 888-400-9721 to schedule a free consolation. In the event that you are unable to meet at our offices, our lawyer can come to your hospital room, home, assisted living facility or other location to discuss your case. We can also be contacted by using our convenient website contact form.